Monday 12 October 2015

Finally Completed Dragon Ball Z After 6 Years, Yesterday!

Back when I was 8 in 2009, Dragon Ball Evolution came out.
Although I probably already knew about Dragon Ball Z (I might've seen gameplay of it before at a family-friend's house and seen Super Saiyans in action, and heard/seen about it even before), Dragon Ball Evolution opened the world of Dragon Ball Z to me. I loved it. It influenced me a lot.

Ever since then I watched less than 10 episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai (in Japanese presumably), less than 90 episodes of Dragon Ball Z (uncut, Bruce Faulconer's music) (both around 2009/2010), and from December 2012 to February 2013 I watched a couple episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai on Kix, on TV.

Either around late 2009 or January 2010, I stumbled across a Future Gohan dies AMV, which really affected me. I was a kid. So I researched about the episode.
Even at school I would think about it, get angry and secretly cry on the inside. The androids really annoyed me lool.

Back around 2009/2010 I also had Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 on my PS2, which my brother borrowed from his friend. Boy was a fan of it. Later on I was bought Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 1, which also made my love for Dragon Ball heighten.

Then around the end of November last year, I started Dragon Ball, loved it, and finished it this year's February.

A few weeks later I started Dragon Ball Z, after all of those years, watched 10 episodes and then took a really long break from it to decide whether to stay in Japanese or continue in English, and a long break from anime series in general.

Months later, in late July, I decided to continue with the English dub, and finally completed Dragon Ball Z yesterday night about ten thirty.

Vegeta was at one point my favourite character - his dub was high and mighty.

Future Trunks then replaced Vegeta as my favourite character since the latter's dub changed back to before it was re-dubbed around when Future Trunks was introduced, who was a bad-ass.

Ultimate Gohan became my #1 favourite character ever since Goku died, when he became a proper teenager attending high school. Seriously, his "Golden Fighter" alias inspired my blogger name.

Then Vegito came, dressed like a boss and taking his time to kick Ultimate Buu's ass; he was cool, but was eventually replaced by Ultimate Gohan in my list.


Man, it's been a journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment